NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The Blessed Mother is a perfect role model for all women. Mary portrays traits of holiness, piety and humbleness. She teaches the importance of trusting in the Lord even when life is a challenge. Hear Joni Tyler speak on the roles Mary plays in our lives at Evening with Mary, Tuesday, October 11 at 6 p.m. in Foley Hall. This is an evening for women only. A light dessert will be served during table sharing. There in no charge but reservations are required. Table captains are still needed. Call (366-2335) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) Suzan Cox to make reservations, for additional information or to volunteer as a table captain.
- Small Faith Communities (SFCs) will begin a new season the week of October 2nd. We will be using a DVD series called Conversion – Following the Call of Christ by Bishop Robert Barron. Most of the SFCs meet 6 consecutive weeks. We offer a variety of meeting days, times and locations. There is a group for everyone. Now is the time to sign-up. Click here for a SFC registration form Once you complete the registration form, place it in the box in the vestibule of the church or return the form to the church office. If you need additional information contact Debbie Tubertini at 601-366-2335 or email email@example.com.
- There is Still Time to get your picture in the Pictorial Directory – Contact Life Touch at 866-756-0281 and they will schedule a time for you to have your picture taken at another church. These churches are all located in the area and of course your picture will be in our directory. Another option is to email a picture (best resolution possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Life Touch charges $10 for this service. Please make check payable to Life Touch. You may bring check or cash to church office or place in collection either way put to attention of Debbie Tubertini.
- Saint Richard Special Kids Golf Tournament will be October 6th! Mark your calendar now – this is a special day you won’t want to miss!! The tournament will be at Deerfield Golf Club. There will be a morning and afternoon flight. There are several ways you can participate in the fund raiser for our Special Kids: fielding a team, being a hole sponsor, buying raffle tickets, volunteering to help for the day or giving a donation. If you need any additional information please call the Church office 601-366-2335. Click here for the brochure
- Special Kids raffle time!! Mother’s Day weekend in Perdido Key Florida $5 a ticket or 5 for $20.00. They are on sale at the church office now! They will be sold after masses and at other church events coming soon (check the bulletin for details)! All proceeds go to Special Kids programs.
- Mother’s Morning Out – Mother’s Morning Out (MMO) is enrolling for the 2016-2017 school year. MMO is open to children ages 1 to 4 years old and is Tuesday and Thursday’s from 8:30 am until 11:30 am with lunch bunch from 11:30 am until 2:30 pm. For information or to enroll your child contact Rachael Kenyon at 601.594.7427.
- Change in Mass Schedule – Effective August 1, 2016, there will be a change in the daily Mass schedule. Daily Masses will be at 7 A.M. Monday-Friday and at 8 A.M. on Saturday. The weekend Mass schedule will remain the same. The regular schedule of two Masses each weekday will resume once a new associate pastor is assigned to St. Richard.
- CATECHESIS OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD for ages 3 years old to 6th Grade – Registration for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd has begun! Click here for a registration form. You can download a copy, scan and email it back to email@example.com or you can print a copy and return it to the church office. Registration forms will also be available in the back of the church. The 2016-2017 year will begin Sunday, August 21st.
- St. Richards Apparel for sale – All proceeds Benefit St Richards Athletics. The first order will be placed on June 8th and another will be placed at the beginning of school. You can leave your orders with payment made to St Richards at the church office or contact: Josh Garner at 601-540-4566 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for an order form
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for the USCCB website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.