St. Richard Catholic Church – 1242 Lynnwood Drive – Jackson, Mississippi 39206
This year our theme is Reconciliation, Be Free and Set Free.
- Mondays – Masses at 6:30 am & 8:00 am. Men’s Prayer Breakfast at 7:00 am in Foley Hall.
- Thursdays – Masses at 7:00 am and 5:30 pm. No 8:00 am Mass on Thursdays during Lent.
- Fridays – Stations of the Cross will be 2:15 pm and 5:30 pm in the church. Knights of Columbus #15131 will be serving different meatless meals in Foley Hall following Stations each week.
What are YOUR plans for Lent this year???
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Young at Heart will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day on Thursday, March 19th at 11:30 am in Foley Hall. We will have music, great food and fellowship. Come and join us. Lunch is only $5.
- St. Joseph Altar – St. Richard Parish and School will collect non-perishable food items to build our St. Joseph altar. Items may be brought to Foley Hall beginning Wednesday, March 18th. St. Joseph statues may also be brought and placed on the altar for a blessing. All food items will be given to the less fortunate.
- Confirmation Mass is Sunday, April 12th at 5:00 PM. We are excited to have Bishop Joseph Kopacz celebrating this sacrament here at St. Richard Church. This year the confirmation class will be St. Richard Church candidates only.
- Special Kids Gift Case is open on Wednesdays from noon until 1:30 p.m.
- St. Richards Special Kids Need Your Help – They need a new house which will be built across the street from the church. It will cost approximately $200,000 to accomplish this. The new house will be named for Fr. Patrick Farrell who started the program over thirty years ago. Father Patrick Farrell saw the need to provide a quality educational setting for children who are intellectually, emotionally or physically disabled. It began with two students and has become a vital part of the Jackson community. All donations are tax deductible and you will be provided with a receipt for tax purposes. Thank you for your consideration.
- Seminarians for the Jackson Diocese – Please pray for these men who are discerning the call to the priesthood: Nick Adam, Andrew Bowden, Cesar Sanchez Fermin, Jason Johnston, Joseph Le, Peter Nguyen, Phuong Nguyen, Adolfo Suarez Pasillas, Mark Shoffner and Aaron Williams. Click here for a list of their mailing addresses. It is always nice to get a note of support and encouragement.
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.