PENTECOST CELEBRATION AND FAREWELL TO SISTER THERESE
Please join us for our Pentecost Pot Luck and Farewell to Sister Therese on Sunday, May 24th after the 10:30 am Mass in Foley Hall. Bring your favorite dish in a disposable container to share. The church will provide fried chicken, iced tea and the paper products.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Graduating Seniors – We are hosting a special dinner for the graduating seniors and their families of our parish. We will honor the seniors at the 5:00 pm Mass on Sunday, May 31st and follow it with a dinner in Foley Hall. We want to make sure every graduating senior is included. We need a head count so please call 601-366-2335 ext. 107 to RSVP by Tuesday, May 26th.
- Special Collection for Nepal – Bishop Kopacz has authorized a special collection for the victims of the earthquake in Nepal. Saint Richard Parish will have this collection the weekend of May 23rd and 24th. We realize this is the holiday weekend but please try to remember those suffering in Nepal. You can put a donation in the collection at any weekend Mass as long as it is marked earthquake or Nepal we will see that the funds are forwarded for disaster support.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) 2015 REGISTRATION IS NOW COMPLETE. Volunteers are busy planning a wonderful week of faith and fellowship! Reminders for registered children: VBS starts Monday, June 1st with drop off in the lobby outside of Glynn Hall at 8:55 am. Parents are asked to walk your child into the lobby each morning. Carpool pickup will be at 12 noon in the circle drive outside of Glynn Hall. VBS ends on Thursday, June 4th with a mass celebration at 11:00 am in the Church. Children will be dismissed immediately following mass on Thursday- no carpool on Thursday. We are looking forward to a fantastic VBS! Questions? Email us at VBS@saintrichard.com
- 5th Annual Chatham Art Showcase scheduled for Saturday, June 6th and Sunday June 7th has been rescheduled. Stay tune for date.
- Special Kids Gift Case is CLOSED for the summer. Will reopen in the Fall.
- St. Richards Special Kids Need Your Help – They need a new house which will be built across the street from the church. It will cost approximately $200,000 to accomplish this. The new house will be names for Fr. Patrick Farrell who started the program over thirty years ago. Father Patrick Farrell saw the need to provide a quality educational setting for children who are intellectually, emotionally or physically disables. It began with two students and has become a vital part of the Jackson community. All donations are tax deductible and you will be provided with a receipt for tax purposes. Thank you for your consideration.
- Seminarians for the Jackson Diocese – Please pray for these men who are discerning the call to the priesthood: Nick Adam, Andrew Bowden, Cesar Sanchez Fermin, Jason Johnston, Joseph Le, Peter Nguyen, Phuong Nguyen, Adolfo Suarez Pasillas, Mark Shoffner and Aaron Williams. Click here for a list of their mailing addresses. It is always nice to get a note of support and encouragement.
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.