NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- IT IS TIME to update our Pictorial Directory – It has been a few years since we updated our church directory and we need your help!! This is an opportunity for you to have a professional picture taken of you and/or your family. We have scheduled 4 weeks to give plenty of opportunities for everyone to schedule a date that is convenient for you. The weeks available are: August 2-4, August 23-27, and September 8-10. For those families with children or grandchildren headed to college, make your appointment early! Click on the icon to schedule your appointment.
- Catholics Come Home – Calling all inactive Catholics to return home. We are hosting a program called Catholics Come Home where we explore returning to the church. If you know anyone who has drifted away from the church for whatever reason we would like to invite them to this program. Please share their name and contact information with us and we will invite them. Submit names via email to email@example.com or call the church office at 601-366-2335. The program begins Thursday, August 11th at 6:30 pm in Foley Hall. You don’t have to register to attend – just show up.
- Mother’s Morning Out – Mother’s Morning Out (MMO) is enrolling for the 2016-2017 school year. MMO is open to children ages 1 to 4 years old and is Tuesday and Thursday’s from 8:30 am until 11:30 am with lunch bunch from 11:30 am until 2:30 pm. For information or to enroll your child contact Rachael Kenyon at 601.594.7427.
- Change in Mass Schedule – Effective August 1, 2016, there will be a change in the daily Mass schedule. Daily Masses will be at 7 A.M. Monday-Friday and at 8 A.M. on Saturday. The weekend Mass schedule will remain the same. The regular schedule of two Masses each weekday will resume once a new associate pastor is assigned to St. Richard.
- CATECHESIS OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD – Registration for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd has begun! Click here for a registration form. You can download a copy, scan and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can print a copy and return it to the church office. Registration forms will also be available in the back of the church. An open house is being planned for Sunday, August 14, 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. for those who would like to visit the Atriums and learn more about Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. The 2016-2017 year will begin Sunday, August 21st.
- Special Kids raffle time!! Mother’s Day weekend in Perdido Key Florida $5 a ticket or 5 for $20.00. They are on sale at the church office now! They will be sold after masses and at other church events coming soon (check the bulletin for details)! All proceeds go to Special Kids programs.
- St. Richards Apparel for sale – All proceeds Benefit St Richards Athletics. The first order will be placed on June 8th and another will be placed at the beginning of school. You can leave your orders with payment made to St Richards at the church office or contact: Josh Garner at 601-540-4566 or email@example.com. Click here for an order form
- ST. RICHARD FOOTBALL -Calling all 3-6 grader football players. Any boy from the Parish is invited to play. The football team will start getting together for summer practices once or twice a week starting Mid-July. We will be going over basic football and doing a little conditioning so that we can jump right into fall practices. If your child would like to play please contact Josh Garner via Email Garner.firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info as soon as possible. Child’s name, Age, Grade and Weight. If you would like to discuss anything in more detail please feel free to call Josh Garner at 601.540.4666. Click here for the Athletic registration form
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for the USCCB website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.