St. Richard Catholic Church – 1242 Lynnwood Drive – Jackson, Mississippi 39206
We are getting new lighting in the church . This means there will be some changes to happenings that typically occur in the church. Please note the changes below:
February 2 – 6, 2015
- 7:00 am and 8:00 am Masses will be in Foley Hall.
- Wednesday, February 4th All School Mass at 8:15 am will be in the church.
- No Adoration on Wednesday, February 4th.
- All weekend Masses will be in the church.
- First Friday Rosary, February 6th at 2:30 pm will be at the Stations by Foley Hall.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Fr. Carroll’s Breakfast scheduled for Saturday, January 31st after the 8:00 am Mass is beginning CANCELLED due to quarantine at St. Catherine’s. This celebration will be rescheduled. Stay tune for new date.
- Special Kids Gift Case is open on Wednesdays from noon until 1:30 p.m.
- St. Richards Special Kids Need Your Help – They need a new house which will be built across the street from the church. It will cost approximately $200,000 to accomplish this. The new house will be named for Fr. Patrick Farrell who started the program over thirty years ago. Father Patrick Farrell saw the need to provide a quality educational setting for children who are intellectually, emotionally or physically disabled. It began with two students and has become a vital part of the Jackson community. The primary fundraiser for the Special Kids is the annual Golf Tournament which was held on October 16, 2014. Thank you so much to everyone who participated in the Golf tournament, however we still could use your help. Please consider making a donation to fund the Fr. Patrick Farrell Special Kids house. Please know that your donation is tax deductible and you will be provided with a receipt for tax purposes. Thank you for your consideration.
- Seminarians for the Jackson Diocese – Please pray for these men who are discerning the call to the priesthood: Nick Adam, Andrew Bowden, Cesar Sanchez Fermin, Jason Johnston, Joseph Le, Peter Nguyen, Phuong Nguyen, Adolfo Suarez Pasillas, Mark Shoffner and Aaron Williams. Click here for a list of their mailing addresses. It is always nice to get a note of support and encouragement.
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.