NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Habitat for Humanity Catholic Covenant Build #30 – We are a little more than ½ toward our goal of $20,000. Construction will begin on Catholic Covenant Build #30 on Friday, September 18th on Greenview Drive. Get those tool belts ready, because we are going to build a home!
- St. Richard Church Football forms – Each player is required to have both forms completed. Click here for the Athletic Equipment Form and Click here for the Athletic Registration Form-Mulituse
- Do you know your role in the church? Pope Paul VI wrote in his encyclical Evangelii Nuntiandi (On Evangelization in the Modern World) that “Modern man listens more willing to witnesses than to teachers.” This fall, we are hosting a program called “Go and Make Disciples” which will help its participants better understand their role in the Church and how best to share that faith with those around them. This is a 6 week program and begins Thursday, August 27th at 6:30 pm in Glynn Hall. Whether you have been at St. Richard for 2 weeks or 50 years this class will be a boost to your faith life. Call now to register for the class! Contact Debbie Tubertini at 601-366-2335 ext. 107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t miss out!!
- Father John Bohn Installation – The installation of Fr. John as pastor of St. Richard Catholic Church will take place Sunday, August 16, 2015 at the 10:30 a.m. mass. Reception will follow. We are excited to welcome Fr. John to the parish!
- Protection of Children Annual Review – The 2015 Protection of Children Web-Base Online Re-certification Program is posted in the Protection of Children eApps Database and is available for participation immediately. The safe environment review for active employees/significant volunteers is required each odd-number calendar year. The program allows an applicant to log-in to the database at their convenience, review the lessons and complete the quizzes. After completing the program, the Protection of Children Database will automatically update the applicant’s current review (workshop) date. All active employees/volunteers are required to complete the re-certification program this year. Click here to access re-certification
- Calling all Artists or Art Collectors – Applications are now being accepted for artists who would like to participate in the Chatham Art Showcase which will be held Aug 14-15 2015. You can purchase a full booth for $40 or Artists Alley for $20. We will handle all the money transactions for you. This year we have added a new level of participation. Art Consignment for art collectors who would like to sell from their collection. There will be a $20 charge for participating in the Art Consignment. The art must be original and have a value of at least $350. It would be helpful to have a proof of purchase. St. Richard reserves the right refuse art for consignment. Click here for application or for further information email email@example.com or call Raymond Barry at 601-366-2335.
- Seminarians for the Jackson Diocese – Please pray for these men who are discerning the call to the priesthood: Nick Adam, Andrew Bowden, Cesar Sanchez Fermin, Jason Johnston, Joseph Le, Peter Nguyen, Phuong Nguyen, Adolfo Suarez Pasillas, Mark Shoffner and Aaron Williams. Click here for a list of their mailing addresses. It is always nice to get a note of support and encouragement.
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.