NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS ANNUAL FREE THROW CONTEST – Saturday, January 20 starting at 10:30 A.M. in the gym. Last year, over thirty kids participated, which is almost double the number of participants from the previous year. It’s a great event and the Knights hope to have even higher numbers this year! The contest is open to kids ages 9 to 18, both boys and girls. They do not have to go to St. Richard! There is no charge to sign up and entry forms are available here (form)or in the church office. Refreshments will be provided. Every participant will receive a certificate, and the winners get nice plaques! With any questions,or for more information, please call Rusty Haydel at 601.953.9711.
- SMALL FAITH BEGINS A NEW SEASON – Our Small Faith Communities (SFCs) will begin a new season the week of February 4th. If you are not in a group, now is the time to sign up. There are a variety of groups that meet on different days, at different times and in different locations. There is a group for everyone!! This season we will be watching a series on Pivotal Players by Bishop Barron. For additional information or assistance in selecting the perfect group for you contact Debbie Tubertini at email@example.com or call the church office. Click here for the Registration form
- SCOUT TROOP 30 35th Annual SUPERBOWL SUNDAY PULLED PORK DINNER with trimmings – $8.00 Sunday, February 4th – 11:00 till 1:00 St. Richard Foley Hall. A limited number of tickets will be on sale, so buy yours early! TICKETS ON SALE AFTER MASSES on January 13th, 14th, 20th & 21st. Why Cook? Take your Super Bowl Dinner Home with you!
- KREWE de CARDINAL – It’s time for St. Richard’s 5th Annual Krewe de Cardinal. Thanks to your continued support over the years this event has gotten bigger and better. This year we are moving the event to a larger space, The Railroad District. This festive evening features live music from the Southern Komfort Brass Band, premium silent and live auctions, a cash drawing, and New Orleans-style cocktails & cuisine. Join us Friday, Feb. 9th, 2018. Tickets & sponsorship are available here, or call the school office 601.366.1157 for more information. Tickets will also be on sale after masses on January 27th, 28th, & February 3rd & 4th.
- St. Richard Catholic School – Open Enrollment will begin soon. If you would like to schedule a tour, please contact Wendi Shearer for an appointment at Wshearer@strichardschool.org, or call 601.366.1157.
- Seminarians in our Diocese – Join us in praying for our seminarians. Click here for a list of our seminarians
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for the USCCB website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.