NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Father Richard Somers Funeral Services – Reception of the body will be at 4:00 PM at Saint Richard Church, followed by a visitation from 4:30 PM until 7:00 PM. A wake service will begin at 7:00 PM. Saturday, October 22, there will be a private viewing for the family at 9:30 AM at Saint Richard. Visitation will begin at 10:00 AM, and the funeral will be at at 11:00 AM. There will be a graveside service at Saint Joseph Catholic Church Cemetery in Gluckstadt, Mississippi. Father Somers was the pastor at Saint Richard Catholic Church from 1986 until 1998.
- Small Faith Communities (SFCs) will begin a new season in October. We will be using a DVD series called Conversion – Following the Call of Christ by Bishop Robert Barron. Most of the SFCs meet 6 consecutive weeks. We offer a variety of meeting days, times and locations. There is a group for everyone. Now is the time to sign-up. Click here for a SFC registration form Once you complete the registration form, bring to the church office or scan and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. For help selecting the group for you or if you have any questions please contact Debbie Tubertini at 601-366-2335 or by email email@example.com.
- Boys and Girls Basketball – 3rd – 6th grade Boys and Girls are invited to play St. Richards basketball. Registration will start October 13th with practices starting shortly after that. Click here for the Athletic form, print the form, and leave it with the church office in the athletics’ mail box. Fees for basketball are $20 and checks should be made payable to St Richards Church.
- Mother’s Morning Out – Mother’s Morning Out (MMO) is enrolling for the 2016-2017 school year. MMO is open to children ages 1 to 4 years old and is Tuesday and Thursday’s from 8:30 am until 11:30 am with lunch bunch from 11:30 am until 2:30 pm. For information or to enroll your child contact Rachael Kenyon at 601.594.7427.
- CATECHESIS OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD for ages 3 years old to 6th Grade – Registration for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd has begun! Click here for a registration form. You can download a copy, scan and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can print a copy and return it to the church office. Registration forms will also be available in the back of the church. The 2016-2017 year will begin Sunday, August 21st.
- St. Richards Apparel for sale – All proceeds Benefit St Richards Athletics. The first order will be placed on June 8th and another will be placed at the beginning of school. You can leave your orders with payment made to St Richards at the church office or contact: Josh Garner at 601-540-4566 or email@example.com. Click here for an order form
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for the USCCB website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.