St. Richard Catholic Church - 1242 Lynnwood Drive - Jackson, Mississippi 39206
ST RICHARD SPECIAL KIDS NEED YOUR HELP
The Special Kids at St. Richard need you in a big way this year. They need a new house which will be built across the street from the church. It will cost approximately $200,000 to accomplish this. The new house will be named for Fr. Patrick Farrell who started the program over thirty years ago. Father Patrick Farrell saw the need to provide a quality educational setting for children who are intellectually, emotionally or physically disabled. It began with two students and has become a vital part of the Jackson community. The primary fundraiser for the Special Kids is the annual Golf Tournament which was held on October 16, 2014. Thank you so much to everyone who participated in the Golf tournament, however we still could use your help. Please consider making a donation to fund the Fr. Patrick Farrell Special Kids house. Please know that your donation is tax deductible and you will be provided with a receipt for tax purposes. Thank you for your consideration.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- MSG GLYNN BRUNCH ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2nd – The Knights of Columbus will host their annual Msgr. Glynn Brunch in Foley Hall. Tickets are available $12 for adults and $8 for children and may be purchased in the church office. Bishop Joseph Kopacz will celebrate the 10:30 Mass and some of our seminarians will be altar servers and they will also join us for the brunch. Do not miss the opportunity to meet the Bishop and the seminarians.
- MEINE DAMEN UND HERREN, MESDAMES ET MESSIEURS - Ladies and Gentlemen, the 2014 Hunger Banquet will be held Saturday, November 15th in Foley Hall from 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm. The theme this year is “The Sound of Music”. There are many ways in which you can help! The next time you dine out ask the matre’d to donate a restaurant gift certificate for our raffle. If you have no use for an item for our silent auction; and by all means continue to purchase mementos from travels. Any Items / gift certificates would need to be delivered to the church by November 7th. We need volunteers to help on Friday, November 14th to set up and price auction items. We also need volunteers on Saturday, November 15th to help in the kitchen, sell tickets, and collect money. To volunteer contact Raymond Barry at 601-366-2335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Ladies put on your inner Julie Andrews and men shake out those lederhosen because Lynnwood Drive is coming alive with the Sound of Music!!!
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.