St. Richard Catholic Church - 1242 Lynnwood Drive - Jackson, Mississippi 39206
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Divine Mercy Sunday, April 27th – Divine Mercy Sunday is celebrated on the Octave of Easter (the Sunday after Easter Sunday), is a relatively new addition to the Roman Catholic liturgical calendar. Celebrating the Divine Mercy of Jesus Christ, as revealed by Christ Himself to St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, this feast was extended to the entire Catholic Church by Pope John Paul II on April 30, 2000, the day that he canonized Saint Faustina. The message of The Divine Mercy is simple. It is that God loves us — all of us. And, he wants us to recognize that His mercy is greater than our sins, so that we will call upon Him with trust, receive His mercy, and let it flow through us to others. Thus, all will come to share His joy. To learn more visit http://thedivinemercy.org
- The Canonization of Pope John XXIII and Pope John Paul II – The canonizations of Pope John XXIII and Pope John Paul II April 27 will mark a historic moment for the Catholic Church. To explore the meaning of the lives of these modern-day spiritual heroes, the U.S. Bishops Office for Media Relations asked several persons to reflect on their contributions. Writers include scholars and theologians – Catholic, Orthodox and Jewish – and media personnel involved in coverage of the much traveled John Paul II. Check out www.usccb.org to read these reflections.
- 4th annual Chatham Art Showcase is scheduled for Friday, May 2nd at St. Richard Catholic Church in Jackson, MS. This event is named for the parish’s founding pastor and art enthusiast, Monsignor Josiah Chatham. This year’s Showcase will be held in the Parish Center, Foley Hall from 6:00-9:00. Wine and cheese will be served during a live band performance. No tickets are required. Now is the time for professional level fine artists and contemporary craftspeople to begin preparations to exhibit their work in the Chatham art show. Full booths for individual artists are available for $40. Or, space will be available in Artists Alley to hang 1-3 art pieces at a cost of $20 to the artist. Applications are available through Raymond Barry in the church office, 601-366-2335. All applicants must be experienced artists within their disciplines and have regular exhibition experience.
- SUPPER & SUBSTANCE – Make your reservations now for our annual S&S event. This is a great date night for all married couples. This year it is on Saturday, May 17th at 6:00 p.m. in Foley Hall. Reservations are required and the cost is only $45 per couple. This includes a fabulous dinner, wine and babysitting (if needed). If you will be using our babysitting please let us know how many children and their ages. To register contact Debbie Tubertini at 601-366-2335 ext. 107 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vacation Bible School- Son Treasure Island! June 2nd -6th from 8:30-12:00p.m. Click Here for more informaion!
- Adults Needed for 2014 Vacation Bible School (VBS) - Calling all adults!!! We need your help with VBS on June 2nd through 6th from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm!!! As of right now we do not have enough adults to safely have 2014 Vacation Bible School. It is a wonderful week for the children, teens and adults. We need adults to walk and supervise the many children that participate in VBS. Please pray and if you can offer a week of your time to help we need you! It is such a wonderful week for our parish! Please email Kim Turner at email@example.com for more information.
- 2013 Seminarian List- Please support our seminarians with words of encouragement.
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click on the link below to access.
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.