NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- EXPOSITION OF SACRED RELICS – St. Richard Parish is excited to offer a teaching and exposition of Sacred Relics on Thursday, December 7th at 6:30 pm in the church. Over 150 relics will be shown, some believed to be as old as 2000 years. Among the treasures will be relics of St. Joseph, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Maria Goretti, St. Thérèse of Lisieux (the “Little Flower”), St. Francis of Assisi, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Thomas Aquinas, and St. Faustina Kowalska. In addition, there will also be present a piece of a veil which is believed to have belonged to Our Lady and one of largest remaining pieces of the True Cross in the world. Presented by Father Carlos Martins of the Companions of the Cross. For additional information go to www.treasuresofthechurch.com
- Fr. “Monk” Malloy will concelebrate mass at 6:00 pm after which a Peace Banquet will be held in Foley Hall. Fr. Malloy will speak on a Christian Perspective on War and Peace. Tickets can be purchased at the Church Office. The tickets are $50 each or an table, seating 8, can be purchased for $400 . Food for the evening will be prepared by Ingrid Taylor. Saturday morning Fr. Malloy will concelebrate 8:00 am mass. After mass a continental breakfast will be served in Foley Hall . Fr. Malloy will be available for questions and discussion until 10:30am.
- CHRISTLIFE CONTINUES…. SIGN UP FOR FOLLOWING CHRIST
If you completed Discovering Christ which ended October 3, you will not want to miss the next important part of the Christlife series, Following Christ, which begins Tuesday, January 23. Following Christ gives the important ways of maintaining and growing in our relationship with Jesus. Go to www.Christlife.org for complete details. If you completed Discovering Christ and have not yet signed up for Following Christ, click on the link below, fill out the form and send in ASAP. Call Nancy McGhee at 601-942-2078 if you have questions or for more information. Click here for Following Christ registration form
- St. Richard Catholic School – Open Enrollment will begin soon. If you would like to schedule a tour, please contact Wendi Shearer for an appointment at Wshearer@strichardschool.org, or call 601.366.1157.
- ONLINE GIVING – A Secure & Convenient Way to Contribute to Your Parish. Online donations may be made at any time from the comfort of your own home or any place with internet access. Click Here to learn more
- Please consider making a financial donation to Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. What is most often needed initially amid the turmoil is money to support the ongoing relief efforts. The following is a link to Catholic Charities in the Houston area. https://catholiccharities.org/donate-now-and-help-our-neighbors-recover-from-disaster/
- Seminarians in our Diocese – Join us in praying for our seminarians. Click here for a list of our seminarians
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for the USCCB website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.