NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Reminders for Holy Week
April 13th, the Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord’s Supper will begin at 7:00 p.m. with procession of the Blessed Sacrament to Foley Hall for Adoration until midnight then processed back to the church. There will not be a 7: 00 a.m. Mass.
Good Friday April 14th, the Passion of the Lord service will be at 7:00 p.m. There will not be a 7:00 a.m. Mass. The church office will close at noon. Stations of the Cross will be at 3:00 p.m. in the church.
Holy Saturday, April 15th, the Easter Vigil will begin at 8:00 p.m. There will not be an 8:00 a.m. or a 5:00 p.m. Mass.
Easter Sunday, April 16th, Masses will be 6:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., and 10:30 a.m. There will not be a 5:00 p.m. Mass.
April 17th, Easter Monday the church office will be closed. There will not be any Masses on Monday or Tuesday, April 18th.
- A documentary titled “The Original Image of Divine Mercy” will be shown at St. Richard in Foley Hall on Tuesday, April 18 at 6:30 pm. Interviews by Bishop Robert Barron, comedian Jim Gaffigan, Harry Connick, Jr., George Weigel, Father Michael Gaitley and many more will reveal previously-unknown history of the original image of Divine Mercy. Light refreshments will be provided or feel free to provide your own snack at 6:00 pm and the documentary will begin promptly at 6:30 pm. Come and bring a friend. Call or email Suzan Cox for additional information, 601-366-2335 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Divine Mercy Sunday is April 23rd, here will be Holy Hour from 2 – 3 with confessions being heard, 3 p.m. the chaplet will be prayed.
- Bread for the World – Wonder how you can help persuade Congress to make funding decisions that enable people in our country and around the world to feed their families? Click here for more information
- Military Ministry – We are in the early stages of a Military Ministry. We need your help for the first stage which is the collection of information of our parishioners and loved ones who currently serve our country. There is a box located in the vestibule of the church and sheets of paper for you to share names of military personnel in your family. Complete the sheet and place it in the box.
- Cardinal Men’s Club 9th Annual Flight to Finish 5k Run/Walk & Mile Run. This year proceeds from the run will help with cafeteria renovations, students in need of financial aid, and other Cardinal Men’s Club projects. Call 601-366-1157 for more information. Flight to Finish Reg 2017 2017Sponsorform
- Mark your calendars for Pig ‘n’ Tails – May 6, 2017 11 am – 3 pm Join us Saturday after the 5k for all you can eat crawfish and pulled pork. Get tickets in the church office. $12 ages 13 and up $8 ages 12 and under ($50 immediate family cap) No charge for 4 & under. We’ll have hamburgers & hot dogs too. Come run the race and reward yourself with good times, friends, & food. Bring your tents, chairs, & ice chest!
- Seminarians in our Diocese – Join us in praying for our seminarians. Click here for a list of our seminarians
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for the USCCB website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.