St. Richard Catholic Church – 1242 Lynnwood Drive – Jackson, Mississippi 39206
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Catholic Habitat Build #29 -The new home being built for Carolyn Madlock is located at 2940 Smith Robinson St. This year each Catholic Church in the Covenant Group have picked a Saturday to provide volunteers for the work crews and food to be served for breakfast and lunch. St. Richards Day is Saturday, November 22nd. If you have not already signed-up, please contact Raymond Barry at 601-366-2335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get you name on the volunteer list. We need 15 volunteers for both morning and afternoon work crews. Of course if you would prefer to work another Saturday, contact Toy Gathings, Habitat Volunteer Coordinator at 601-353-6060 or email email@example.com .
- Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service -The Third Annual Neighborhood Thanksgiving Service will be held Tuesday, November 25th at 6:00 pm at Broadmeadow United Methodist Church. An offering will be collected for a local service project. Over the past two years, these services have been meaningful and well received. We hope St. Richard Catholic Church will be well represented.
- Holiday Hours -The church office will close at noon on Wednesday, November 26th and will reopen on Monday, December 1st.
- Thanksgiving Day Mass - We will have only one Mass on Thursday, November 27th at 9:00 a.m. Canned goods and monetary donations will be collected. Next time you are in the grocery store pick up a few non-perishable food items. All items will be used to feed the elderly.
- Fondren after 5 – Jackson’s Holiday Party is Thursday, December 4th at 5:00 pm. St. Richard Catholic School will be distributing cocoa and singing carols at Brent’s.
- Christmas Memorial Flowers – Donations are now being accepted for Christmas memorials. Donations will be used for decorating and refreshing flowers during Christmas season. Donations can be brought to the church office, mailed to Ebony at P.O. Box 16547, Jackson, MS 39236, or placed in the collections basket at any of the Masses. You are asked to list the names of the deceased along with the names of those requesting the memorial. Memorials will be listed in the Christmas bulletin. Due to printing deadlines, all memorial requests must be received by December 19th.
- St. Richard Parish Contribution Reminder -Sincere thanks to our generous parishioners for your faithful stewardship. To comply with the Internal Revenue Service, any contributions for the calendar year 2014 must be received in the parish office or placed in the collection no later than December 31, 2014. Contributions mailed must be post marked by December 31, 2014.
- St. Richards Special Kids Need Your Help - They need a new house which will be built across the street from the church. It will cost approximately $200,000 to accomplish this. The new house will be named for Fr. Patrick Farrell who started the program over thirty years ago. Father Patrick Farrell saw the need to provide a quality educational setting for children who are intellectually, emotionally or physically disabled. It began with two students and has become a vital part of the Jackson community. The primary fundraiser for the Special Kids is the annual Golf Tournament which was held on October 16, 2014. Thank you so much to everyone who participated in the Golf tournament, however we still could use your help. Please consider making a donation to fund the Fr. Patrick Farrell Special Kids house. Please know that your donation is tax deductible and you will be provided with a receipt for tax purposes. Thank you for your consideration.
- Seminarians for the Jackson Diocese – Please pray for these men who are discerning the call to the priesthood: Nick Adam, Andrew Bowden, Cesar Sanchez Fermin, Jason Johnston, Joseph Le, Peter Nguyen, Phuong Nguyen, Adolfo Suarez Pasillas, Mark Shoffner and Aaron Williams. Click here for a list of their mailing addresses. It is always nice to get a note of support and encouragement.
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.