St. Richard Catholic Church – 1242 Lynnwood Drive – Jackson, Mississippi 39206
Services for this week are as follows:
- April 2nd, Holy Thursday, 6:00 pm. Adoration until midnight.
- April 3rd, Good Friday, 6:00 pm. Stations at 3:00 pm
- April 4th, Holy Saturday at 8:00 pm
- No morning Masses Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- April 5th, Easter, Masses are 8:00 am, 10:30 am and 5:00 pm
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Rice Bowls – It is time to turn in your Catholic Service Rice Bowls. You may bring your bowls to the church office or give them to an usher when coming to one of the Holy Week services. Thank you for your generosity.
- Divine Mercy Novena begins Good Friday, April 3rd. A group of people will begin the novena on Friday in the church at 3:30 pm (after the stations). All are welcome to come and pray. Click here for additional information
- Confirmation Mass is Sunday, April 12th at 5:00 PM. We are excited to have Bishop Joseph Kopacz celebrating this sacrament here at St. Richard Church. This year the confirmation class will be St. Richard Church candidates only.
- Special Kids Gift Case is open on Wednesdays from noon until 1:30 p.m.
- St. Richards Special Kids Need Your Help – They need a new house which will be built across the street from the church. It will cost approximately $200,000 to accomplish this. The new house will be named for Fr. Patrick Farrell who started the program over thirty years ago. Father Patrick Farrell saw the need to provide a quality educational setting for children who are intellectually, emotionally or physically disabled. It began with two students and has become a vital part of the Jackson community. All donations are tax deductible and you will be provided with a receipt for tax purposes. Thank you for your consideration.
- Seminarians for the Jackson Diocese – Please pray for these men who are discerning the call to the priesthood: Nick Adam, Andrew Bowden, Cesar Sanchez Fermin, Jason Johnston, Joseph Le, Peter Nguyen, Phuong Nguyen, Adolfo Suarez Pasillas, Mark Shoffner and Aaron Williams. Click here for a list of their mailing addresses. It is always nice to get a note of support and encouragement.
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click here for website
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.