There are at least 25,000 Small Christian Communities throughout the United States helping Catholics grow in their faith and come to know one another better.
There are several benefits of Small Faith Communities:
- Small Faith Communities are a wonderful resource to learn more about what we believe as Catholics.
- The Scriptures start becoming more alive in your life. Truly, one of the great benefits of gathering in the Small Faith Communities is a new appreciation for the Scripture. Through the prayer service that opens each meeting, one begins to get more comfortable with the Bible and it opens up in a new way, becoming a “living” word.
- You get to hear how other Catholics live their faith in their daily lives. So many times, we Catholics in the South do not get a chance to talk about our faith with other Catholics. Small Faith Communities provide a unique opportunity to share how God is working in our lives and to hear what others have to say.
- St. Richard parishioners get to know other St. Richard parishioners. Our parish is so large that it is easy to get lost in the crowd. All meetings incorporate some social time to help everyone get to know each other in a Christian setting.
- You get an opportunity to help others. There is also a service aspect to Small Faith Communities. Each group ministers to those in need in their zones and also volunteers for different service in the wider parish and community.