Saint Richard Catholic Church
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.
EVENING WITH MARY 2020
THANKS to all the ladies who participated in the Alternate Evening with Mary!
Reminder to those who participated in the gift exchange.
- Pray daily for the lady whose gift you picked up for the rest of October.
- At the end of October please mail a card to that person you have been praying for and thank her for your gift.
Adoration for our Nation
We have resumed Masses utilizing the recommended guidelines during this pandemic. Here are a few of the changes implemented:
- We have reduced seating in the church to accommodate the social distancing requirements.
- We are sanitizing after Mass.
- People are required to wear mask during Mass.
4:00 PM Vigil on Saturday
8:00 AM, 10:30 AM and 5:00 PM on Sunday
No nursery will be available until further notice.
7:00 AM Monday through Friday
5:30 PM on Tuesday & Thursday
8:15 AM on Wednesday
8:00 AM on Saturday
We will continue to live-stream the following Masses: 7:00 AM Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM on Saturday, and 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM on Sunday.
40 Days for Life
September 23 - November 1
You can protect mothers and children by joining this worldwide mobilization through prayer, fasting, peaceful vigils, and community outreach!
Here's how to take part:
- Vigil Location - sidewalk outside Jackson Women's Health at 2903 N. State Street, Jackson
- Vigil Hours: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM daily
- Local Contact is Tammy Tillman (601-956-8636 or email@example.com)
Rally Kick-Off September 23 at 12:00 PM
Sign Up For Flocknote
Get important updates via text.
Just text STR to 84576 from your phone to subscribe to updates.
What's Happening at St. Richard!!
In this time of social distancing and uncertainty, the Catholic Church is different. We don't see each other at weekly parish dinners. We don't clasp hands in the Sign of Peace. But we are together! Look what is happening at St. Richard!!!!
Sacraments Have Continued!
- Daily Mass where we are able to receive the Eucharist.
- Our priests are providing the opportunity for Confession on Wednesday and Saturday or by appointment.
What Else is Happening at St. Richard:
- Living Faith is being mailed to any parishioner who has contacted the church office.
- The youth programs continue to meet weekly.
- St. Vincent dePaul is answering calls for assistance.
- Meal on Wheels is delivering meals to those in need.
- St. Richard parishioners have volunteered at the Stew Pot pantry.
- A few Small Faith Communities have begun to meet here at the parish and some in homes.
- Young Adult small faith group has been meeting since March via Zoom.
- Men of St. Joseph are meeting weekly.
- Coffee and Creed is meeting on Sunday mornings.
- Adoration is every Wednesday in the church from 9 A.M. until 9 P.M. Benediction is at 8:45 P.M.
- Friday Rosary at 11:30 a.m. in the church.
- Parishioners have continued to provide financial support to the parish.
- The Mass reservation book is fully scheduled until med-September. We are praying for each other!!
Keep St. Richard in Mind
Our Online Giving system provides you the
opportunity to give to our special collections in
addition to regular offerings. You can choose to
do a One Time Gift or a special remembrance, or
you can set up regularly scheduled contributions
that are withdrawn on the date you specify in
the system. Visit https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/4359 to sign up.