Saint Richard Catholic Church
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
Register now for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. Children must by 3 years old by September 1, 2021. Click here for registration form
If your child is in second grade and needs sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion, please click on link below and complete the requested information form. Registration form for second graders
We will begin welcoming children to the atrium on Sunday August 22, 2021.
4:00 PM Vigil on Saturday
8:00 AM, 10:30 AM and 5:00 PM on Sunday
Nursery is available during Sunday Masses.
The cry room is now reopened, and the side doors are accessible for entrance and exit. The Holy water fonts have been refilled.
7:00 AM Tuesday through Friday (no Mass on Monday)
8:15 AM on Wednesday (during school year)
8:00 AM on Saturday
We will continue to live-stream some of the Masses.
In a letter from Bishop Kopacz - "The Dispensation from Sunday Mass will end on the Feast of Corpus Christ, Saturday and Sunday, June 5/6. The Sunday obligation will be restored on this great feast when we can satisfy our hunger for the Bread of Life, in Word and Sacrament with the reception of Holy Communion. Keep in mind that the Church always dispenses from the Sunday obligation when any of the faithful are confronting serious health concerns. Therefore, someone can validly make the decision to attend Mass during the week, if able, and to participate in the Mass on the Lord's Day through live streaming."
What's Happening at St. Richard!!
Things are picking up at St. Richard!!!!
- We are adding additional Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors and Usher to the Masses as the restrictions are being lifted.
- The Early Learning Center is moving full steam ahead!! We have received pledges from 31% of registered parishioners. The total cost of the project is $3.5 million. No pledge is to small.
- "Rachel Weeping" statue has arrived and been installed. This is the culmination of a vision that started many years ago in a desire to have a substantial 'pro-life' monument permanently here at St. Richard. Rachel has been placed at the end corner of our green space facing our Special Kids house.
- Bereavement Support Group is meeting monthly.
- Small Faith Communities just finished the Spring 2021 season and we are looking forward to all groups participating in the Fall.
- The Young Adult (Frassati) small faith group is meeting in person weekly.
- Coffee and Creed continues to meet on Sunday mornings.
- Living Faith is being mailed to any parishioner who has contacted the church office.
- The youth programs continue to meet weekly.
- St. Vincent de Paul is answering calls for assistance.
- Meals on Wheels are delivering meals monthly.
- St. Richard parishioners have volunteered at the Stew Pot pantry.
- Small Faith Communities have continued to provide financial support for the Sunday dinner at Stew Pot.
- Men of St. Joseph are meeting weekly.
- Adoration is every Wednesday in the church from 9 A.M. until 9 P.M. Benediction is at 8:45 P.M.
- Friday Rosary at 11:30 a.m. in the church.
Sign Up For Flocknote
Get important updates via text.
Just text STR to 84576 from your phone to subscribe to updates.
Keep St. Richard in Mind
Our Online Giving system provides you the
opportunity to give to our special collections in
addition to regular offerings. You can choose to
do a One Time Gift or a special remembrance, or
you can set up regularly scheduled contributions
that are withdrawn on the date you specify in
the system. Visit https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/4359 to sign up.
St. R Early Learning Center
Important Campaign Update:
With more than $3.45 million raised, we are close to meeting our goal. Help us get us to our full $3.5 million goal. As we wrap up our campaign, we ask each of you to dig deep and consider making an additional one-time gift, increasing your pledge, or making your pledge today.
Want to learn more about the ELC? CLICK HERE
Need a pledge card? CLICK HERE
Click Here to sign up to give online
"Rachel Weeping" was commissioned by the Knights of Columbus of St. Richard Catholic Church in Jackson, MS. They wanted to emphasize "Respect for all Human Life" with a monument that was also a memorial to the loss of innocent life. The concept of the sculpture is based on the scripture in Jeremiah 31:15 "Behold, Rachel weeping for her children, and she would not be comforted because they were no more."
Click Here to learn more about details of the statue from the sculptor.