Saint Richard Catholic Church
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.
Special Kids Day Golf Tournament
October 8, 2020
This year we will hold the Special Kids Day Golf Tournament on Thursday, October 8, 2020! It's a great time to raise some money for a great cause.
Like to make a donation online?
Buy some raffle tickets? Just click here. Access online giving and select special kids, add in the notes where you would like the amount to be placed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to leave further instruction.
40 Days for Life
September 23 - November 1
You can protect mothers and children by joining this worldwide mobilization through prayer, fasting, peaceful vigils, and community outreach!
Here's how to take part:
- Vigil Location - sidewalk outside Jackson Women's Health at 2903 N. State Street, Jackson
- Vigil Hours: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM daily
- Local Contact is Tammy Tillman (601-956-8636 or email@example.com)
Rally Kick-Off September 23 at 12:00 PM
EVENING WITH MARY 2020
Although we are having to change plans this year, COVID won't stop us from honoring our Blessed Mother!
Ladies of the parish please join us! Here is how:
- Each woman who wants to participate purchases a gift something to do with Mary (max. $15 limit).
- Wrap your gift and attach a card with YOUR name and mailing address on the package.
- Wrapped items should be delivered to St. Richard Church office by Thursday, October 1st.
- On Tuesday, October 6th each woman who has dropped off a gift will come by Foley Hall between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm to pick one of the wrapped items.
- You will then pray daily for that lady (name on the card) for the rest of October.
- At the end of October please mail a card to that person you have been praying for and thank here for your gift.
We have resumed Masses utilizing the recommended guidelines during this pandemic. Here are a few of the changes implemented:
- We have reduced seating in the church to accommodate the social distancing requirements.
- We are sanitizing after Mass.
- People are required to wear mask during Mass.
4:00 PM Vigil on Saturday
8:00 AM, 10:30 AM and 5:00 PM on Sunday
No nursery will be available until further notice.
7:00 AM Monday through Friday
5:30 PM on Tuesday & Thursday
8:15 AM on Wednesday
8:00 AM on Saturday
We will continue to live-stream the following Masses: 7:00 AM Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM on Saturday, and 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM on Sunday.
Live-streamed Masses at St. Richard Catholic Church
Sign Up For Flocknote
Get important updates via text.
Just text STR to 84576 from your phone to subscribe to updates.
What's Happening at St. Richard!!
In this time of social distancing and uncertainty, the Catholic Church is different. We don't see each other at weekly parish dinners. We don't clasp hands in the Sign of Peace. But we are together! Look what is happening at St. Richard!!!!
Sacraments Have Continued!
Although St. Richard and the families have had to make modifications due to the pandemic, we have celebrated the following:
- Baptism of 5 babies
- Marriage of 7 couples
- 7 new Catholics were brought into the Church
- Only one child left to receive First Communion from the First Communion class
- Almost all the youth from last year’s Confirmation class have received Confirmation.
- Our priests are celebrating Mass daily where we are able to receive the Eucharist. They are also providing the opportunity for Confession on Wednesday and Saturday or by appointment.
What Else is Happening at St. Richard:
- Every child ages 3-8 in the parish is receiving a weekly bulletin in the mail.
- Living Faith is being mailed to any parishioner who has contacted the church office.
- The youth programs have come up with some creative ways to get together. They have also provided manual labor at the Carmelite Monastery.
- St. Vincent dePaul is answering calls for assistance.
- Meal on Wheels has continued to deliver meals.
- St. Richard parishioners have volunteered at the Stew Pot pantry.
- Small Faith groups have continued preparing and delivering food to Stew Pot for Sunday lunch.
- A few Small Faith Communities have begun to meet here at the parish.
- Young Adult small faith group has been meeting since March via Zoom and is now meeting monthly here at the parish.
- Men of St. Joseph, Coffee and Creed, a few Small Faith Communities are meeting by incorporating technology and social distancing.
- Adoration is every Wednesday in the church from 9 A.M. until 9 P.M. Benediction is at 8:45 P.M.
- Friday Rosary at 11:30 a.m. in the church.
- Coffee & Creed meets on Sunday at 9:15 a.m. in Foley Hall.
- Parishioners have continued to provide financial support to the parish.
- The Mass reservation book is fully scheduled until med-September. We are praying for each other!!
- We welcomed a new priest to our parish, Fr. Adolfo!!
- The bulletin is BACK!
Keep St. Richard in Mind
Our Online Giving system provides you the
opportunity to give to our special collections in
addition to regular offerings. You can choose to
do a One Time Gift or a special remembrance, or
you can set up regularly scheduled contributions
that are withdrawn on the date you specify in
the system. Visit https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/4359 to sign up.