Saint Richard Catholic Church
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.
What's Happening at St. Richard!!
In this time of social distancing and uncertainty, the Catholic Church is different. We don't see each other at weekly parish dinners or clasp hands in the Sign of Peace, but we are together! Look what is happening at St. Richard!!!!
What Else is Happening at St. Richard:
- Bereavement Support Group will begin meeting in person in April.
- We are moving full steam ahead on the Early Learning Center. We have received pledges from 31% of registered parishioners. The total cost of the project is $3.5 million. No pledge is to small.
- Small Faith Communities are finishing the Spring 2021 season on No Greater Love by Dr. Edward Sri.
- The Young Adult (Frassati) small faith group is meeting in person weekly.
- Coffee and Creed continues to meet on Sunday mornings.
- Living Faith is being mailed to any parishioner who has contacted the church office.
- The youth programs continue to meet weekly.
- St. Vincent de Paul is answering calls for assistance.
- Meals on Wheels are delivering meals monthly.
- St. Richard parishioners have volunteered at the Stew Pot pantry.
- Small Faith Communities have continued to provide financial support for the Sunday dinner at Stew Pot.
- Men of St. Joseph are meeting weekly.
- Adoration is every Wednesday in the church from 9 A.M. until 9 P.M. Benediction is at 8:45 P.M.
- Friday Rosary at 11:30 a.m. in the church.
We are still following the recommended guidelines during this pandemic. Here are a few of the changes implemented:
- We have reduced seating in the church to accommodate the social distancing requirements.
- People are required to wear mask during Mass.
4:00 PM Vigil on Saturday
8:00 AM, 10:30 AM and 5:00 PM on Sunday
Nursery is available during Sunday Masses.
7:00 AM Monday through Friday
5:30 PM on Tuesday & Thursday
8:15 AM on Wednesday
8:00 AM on Saturday
We will continue to live-stream the following Masses: 7:00 AM Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM on Saturday, and 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM on Sunday.
Sign Up For Flocknote
Get important updates via text.
Just text STR to 84576 from your phone to subscribe to updates.
Keep St. Richard in Mind
Our Online Giving system provides you the
opportunity to give to our special collections in
addition to regular offerings. You can choose to
do a One Time Gift or a special remembrance, or
you can set up regularly scheduled contributions
that are withdrawn on the date you specify in
the system. Visit https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/4359 to sign up.
Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers, and Ushers– We Need You!
Are you back celebrating Mass with us? We need your help! If you have an interest in participating in the Mass as a Lector, an Extraordinary Minister, or as an Usher, contact Lindsay Blaylock by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the office at
Volunteers are needed for Meals-On-Wheels as well as Stewpot Lunch and Stewpot Pantry. St. Richard Meals-On-Wheels delivers meals from an assigned menu to the Jackson area the second Tuesday of every month. St. Richard Church sends volunteers to Stewpot
Lunch Serve and Stewpot Pantry one week per quarter. For more information, call Tommy Lamas at the church office (601.366.2335) or email email@example.com.
IMMEDIATE Help Needed with Mother’s Morning Out at Saint Richard Church. Mother’s Morning Out at Saint Richard Church is looking for dedicated workers for their program. Applicants must complete child protection training and be able to pass a background check. Paid positions are open for full-time, part-time, and substitute workers. MMO is every Tuesday and Thursday from 8 A.M. until 2:30 P.M. Ideal position for stay-at-home moms who would like to bring their children to work with them. If you are interested in working with MMO, contact Rachael Kenyon at 601.594.7427.
St. R Early Learning Center
Important Campaign Update:
With more than $3.1 million raised, we are close to meeting our goal. We have received a matching gift from a generous anonymous donor who is willing to match, dollar-for-dollar, every donation that comes in up to $200,000. This means if we raise an additional $200K from parishioners, we will receive a total of $400K. If we can raise the full $200K, the Early Learning Center will be fully funded. This is an amazing opportunity to double your impact. We currently need $27,000 to max out this match. Help us get us to our full $3.5 million goal. As we wrap up our campaign, we ask each of you to dig deep and consider making an additional one-time gift, increasing your pledge, or making your pledge today.
Want to learn more about the ELC? CLICK HERE
Need a pledge card? CLICK HERE
Click Here to sign up to give online