Saint Richard Catholic Church
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.
What's Happening at St. Richard!!
Things are picking up at St. Richard!!!!
- We are adding additional Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors and Usher to the Masses as the restrictions are being lifted.
- Fr. John is doing an Altar Server training on Saturday, June 5 for new and veteran servers.
- The Early Learning Center is moving full steam ahead!! We have received pledges from 31% of registered parishioners. The total cost of the project is $3.5 million. No pledge is to small.
- "Rachel Weeping" statue has arrived and been installed. This is the culmination of a vision that started many years ago in a desire to have a substantial 'pro-life' monument permanently here at St. Richard. Rachel has been placed at the end corner of our green space facing our Special Kids house.
- Danny Fitzpatrick, author, translator and founder of the "Dante in a Year Podcast", will be doing a presentation on Sunday, June 6th at 6:30 PM in Foley Hall.
- Mark your calendar for our annual July 4th Picnic. This is a wonderful family event and we definitely have the best fireworks in town. We are excited to be hosting this year!!
- The Knights of Columbus are hosting "Catholic Night" at the Mississippi Braves on June 17! Tickets will be on sale after all the Masses the weekend of June 12 & 13.
- Bereavement Support Group is meeting monthly.
- Small Faith Communities just finished the Spring 2021 season and we are looking forward to all groups participating in the Fall.
- The Young Adult (Frassati) small faith group is meeting in person weekly.
- Coffee and Creed continues to meet on Sunday mornings.
- Living Faith is being mailed to any parishioner who has contacted the church office.
- The youth programs continue to meet weekly.
- St. Vincent de Paul is answering calls for assistance.
- Meals on Wheels are delivering meals monthly.
- St. Richard parishioners have volunteered at the Stew Pot pantry.
- Small Faith Communities have continued to provide financial support for the Sunday dinner at Stew Pot.
- Men of St. Joseph are meeting weekly.
- Adoration is every Wednesday in the church from 9 A.M. until 9 P.M. Benediction is at 8:45 P.M.
- Friday Rosary at 11:30 a.m. in the church.
4:00 PM Vigil on Saturday
8:00 AM, 10:30 AM and 5:00 PM on Sunday
Nursery is available during Sunday Masses.
The cry room is now reopened, and the side doors are accessible for entrance and exit. The Holy water fonts have been refilled.
7:00 AM Monday through Friday
5:30 PM on Tuesday & Thursday
8:15 AM on Wednesday
8:00 AM on Saturday
We will continue to live-stream some of the Masses.
In a letter from Bishop Kopacz - "The Dispensation from Sunday Mass will end on the Feast of Corpus Christ, Saturday and Sunday, June 5/6. The Sunday obligation will be restored on this great feast when we can satisfy our hunger for the Bread of Life, in Word and Sacrament with the reception of Holy Communion. Keep in mind that the Church always dispenses from the Sunday obligation when any of the faithful are confronting serious health concerns. Therefore, someone can validly make the decision to attend Mass during the week, if able, and to participate in the Mass on the Lord's Day through live streaming."
Sign Up For Flocknote
Get important updates via text.
Just text STR to 84576 from your phone to subscribe to updates.
Keep St. Richard in Mind
Our Online Giving system provides you the
opportunity to give to our special collections in
addition to regular offerings. You can choose to
do a One Time Gift or a special remembrance, or
you can set up regularly scheduled contributions
that are withdrawn on the date you specify in
the system. Visit https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/4359 to sign up.
Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers, and Ushers– We Need You!
Are you back celebrating Mass with us? We need your help! If you have an interest in participating in the Mass as a Lector, an Extraordinary Minister, or as an Usher, contact Lindsay Blaylock by emailing email@example.com or calling the office at
Volunteers are needed for Meals-On-Wheels as well as Stewpot Lunch and Stewpot Pantry. St. Richard Meals-On-Wheels delivers meals from an assigned menu to the Jackson area the second Tuesday of every month. St. Richard Church sends volunteers to Stewpot
Lunch Serve and Stewpot Pantry one week per quarter. For more information, call Tommy Lamas at the church office (601.366.2335) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMMEDIATE Help Needed with Mother’s Morning Out at Saint Richard Church. Mother’s Morning Out at Saint Richard Church is looking for dedicated workers for their program. Applicants must complete child protection training and be able to pass a background check. Paid positions are open for full-time, part-time, and substitute workers. MMO is every Tuesday and Thursday from 8 A.M. until 2:30 P.M. Ideal position for stay-at-home moms who would like to bring their children to work with them. If you are interested in working with MMO, contact Rachael Kenyon at 601.594.7427.
St. R Early Learning Center
Important Campaign Update:
With more than $3.1 million raised, we are close to meeting our goal. We have received a matching gift from a generous anonymous donor who is willing to match, dollar-for-dollar, every donation that comes in up to $200,000. This means if we raise an additional $200K from parishioners, we will receive a total of $400K. If we can raise the full $200K, the Early Learning Center will be fully funded. This is an amazing opportunity to double your impact. We currently need $27,000 to max out this match. Help us get us to our full $3.5 million goal. As we wrap up our campaign, we ask each of you to dig deep and consider making an additional one-time gift, increasing your pledge, or making your pledge today.
Want to learn more about the ELC? CLICK HERE
Need a pledge card? CLICK HERE
Click Here to sign up to give online