Saint Richard Catholic Church
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.
What's Happening at St. Richard!!
In this time of social distancing and uncertainty, the Catholic Church is different. We don't see each other at weekly parish dinners or clasp hands in the Sign of Peace, but we are together! Look what is happening at St. Richard!!!!
What Else is Happening at St. Richard:
- Living Faith is being mailed to any parishioner who has contacted the church office.
- The youth programs continue to meet weekly.
- St. Vincent de Paul is answering calls for assistance.
- Meals on Wheels is delivering meals to those in need once a month.
- St. Richard parishioners have volunteered at the Stew Pot pantry.
- We are moving forward on the Early Learning Center plans.
- Small Faith Communities have continued to provide financial support for the Sunday dinner at Stew Pot.
- Some Small Faith Communities are finishing the Fall 2020 season on prayer.
- Young Adult small faith group continues to meet weekly via Zoom.
- Men of St. Joseph are meeting weekly.
- Coffee and Creed is meeting on Sunday mornings.
- Adoration is every Wednesday in the church from 9 A.M. until 9 P.M. Benediction is at 8:45 P.M.
- Friday Rosary at 11:30 a.m. in the church.
We have resumed Masses utilizing the recommended guidelines during this pandemic. Here are a few of the changes implemented:
- We have reduced seating in the church to accommodate the social distancing requirements.
- We are sanitizing after Mass.
- People are required to wear mask during Mass.
4:00 PM Vigil on Saturday
8:00 AM, 10:30 AM and 5:00 PM on Sunday
Nursery is available during Sunday Masses.
7:00 AM Monday through Friday
5:30 PM on Tuesday & Thursday
8:15 AM on Wednesday
8:00 AM on Saturday
We will continue to live-stream the following Masses: 7:00 AM Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM on Saturday, and 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM on Sunday.
Sign Up For Flocknote
Get important updates via text.
Just text STR to 84576 from your phone to subscribe to updates.
Keep St. Richard in Mind
Our Online Giving system provides you the
opportunity to give to our special collections in
addition to regular offerings. You can choose to
do a One Time Gift or a special remembrance, or
you can set up regularly scheduled contributions
that are withdrawn on the date you specify in
the system. Visit https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/4359 to sign up.
Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers, and Ushers– We Need You!
Are you back celebrating Mass with us? We need your help! If you have an interest in participating in the Mass as a Lector, an Extraordinary Minister, or as an Usher, contact Lindsay Blaylock by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the office at
Volunteers are needed for Meals-On-Wheels as well as Stewpot Lunch and Stewpot Pantry. St. Richard Meals-On-Wheels delivers meals from an assigned menu to the Jackson area the second Tuesday of every month. St. Richard Church sends volunteers to Stewpot
Lunch Serve and Stewpot Pantry one week per quarter. For more information, call Tommy Lamas at the church office (601.366.2335) or email email@example.com.
IMMEDIATE Help Needed with Mother’s Morning Out at Saint Richard Church. Mother’s Morning Out at Saint Richard Church is looking for dedicated workers for their program. Applicants must complete child protection training and be able to pass a background check. Paid positions are open for full-time, part-time, and substitute workers. MMO is every Tuesday and Thursday from 8 A.M. until 2:30 P.M. Ideal position for stay-at-home moms who would like to bring their children to work with them. If you are interested in working with MMO, contact Rachael Kenyon at 601.594.7427.